RE: [ihc] IH deuce and a halfs; some clarification

<==== SNIP! ====>

## >>  If they had the
## >> dates, you could verify which came first, the Duck or the
## >> IHC.  Since I
## >> just myself found out yesterday where the serial number is on
## >> our truck
## >> (middle of production, probably 1943 or 1944), I am going to
## >> forward that
## >> and the contract number on to them.  I do not know for a fact that it
## >> will work, but it might be worth a try.  Let me know if you want his
## >> e-mail address.  Just do not expect instant gratification, we
## >> have been
## >> going back and forth for about two months now.
## >> -Colin Rush

that's very useful information, Colin, thank you.  if i ever come across a
surviving M-3-6, i'll remember this.  finding an M-3-6, however, is the
problem.  i know of no surviving examples of these trucks.  there may be one
or two, maybe more, that survived the war and the period afterwards, but i
haven't ever seen one in person, and have not heard of any.  there were
roughly 20,000 DUKW trucks made, many of which survive to this day and are
obviously distinctive.  IH built quite a few less than that of the M-3-6,
and so far as i can tell nobody found them noteworthy enough to preserve.
if i ever find one, i'll let you know.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton