RE: Re[6]: [ihc] RE: lug patterns

Mac,

I know of no such thing early '60s IH Deuces, not dual or single wheel.
In fact I know of no such thing as an IH "Deuce" to take a hard line on
what is a "Deuce-and-a-half".  Military Vehicles Magazine has a standing
offer for someone to produce any evidence of that term being used prior
to the end of WWII. An M 5-6 was never called a "Deuce-and-a-half" that
anyone can prove with period documentation.

Dual vs single on trucks has been a debate for more like 100 years, not
just 45.  IH was probably involved in the debate back then, I won't
argue that point.  Search for an M 135 and compare it to an M211.  Same
truck, just one has singles and one has duals, circa. early 1950s. Duals
for mostly highway use, singles for sand and such.  I'm sure it predates
even those trucks but don't have an example in my head.

Don't be so hard on the military.  Granted they do some dumb things
(Gamma Goat) but for the M35 to last from the 50s to current sure says
something to me about the design.  Biting the hand that feeds and houses
you aside. The US military has done right by me and many others.

Those wheels (if they are really what you want, I know nothing about the
bolt patern) are available all over and pretty cheap before shipping.

www.memphisequipment.com
Memphis (duh)

Sam Winer Motors inc.
Akron, OH
330-628-4881
TO rims with tires, 9X20 =$90

Army Surplus of Dodge City
Dodge City Ks
620-227-7441
9X20 used rims and tires $50-$100
11X20 used rims and tires $50-$100

www.alfaheaven.com
To see M-135s and M 211s and surely they sell rims and tires.

www.easternsurplus.net
PA

www.tedstrucks.net
AL, over 3000 tires in stock

John Winslow Sales
252-826-5605
NC

www.militaryconvoy.com

I'm sure this is only scratching the surface of availability.

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B
'74 200 4X4 Travelette Camper Special
'71 1210 short bed Travelette
+ a bunch more, including an M 211 variant (M220) Probably more
correctly called a Jimmy than a Deuce.