RE: [ihc] no IH content, but fun--

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Greg Hermann [mailto:bearbvd@domain.elided]
> Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 7:46 AM
> To: jma@domain.elided; ihc@domain.elided
> Subject: RE: [ihc] no IH content, but fun--
>

> Who MAKES the E-60 C ??
>
> Greg

GE - It seems those 3 are from a fleet of 39 made back in '82 and '83, and
sold to Mexico and never used until 1994. The Mexican line was converted to
diesel service in the late 90s, and some of the locos were *never* used, and
have been sold, or stored waiting to be sold, to various electric railways
in the US and Canada. There's some chatter about it here:

http://www.trainboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=56;t=000993
;p=0

Like you say, Greg, "no IH content", but fun and interesting just the same.
Wish I could see that "lash up". Let us know if you do get some pictures and
want to share them. Those would be some pretty rare snapshots. Also, if you
find out anything about the drive trains in the PB and/or the Mack. I think
your estimate of 600K lbs total weight is conservative - that's an
impressive ride!

Thanks,

John A.