RE: [ihc] no IH content, but fun--

At 11:30 PM 10/24/04, John M. Adams wrote:
> [...]

Sorta light compared to, say, one of the UP's old 'Big Boy' steam mallets
!!! Climbed and looked all over one of them once at the Forney
Transportation Museam once in Denver, before they moved it. 1,250,000 lbs.
of iron in one of those critters !! :-)

 If you add the weight of the two tractors, the "jeeps", the
>carrier beam... Man, I don't want to think what the total weight of that rig
>was.

Had to be in the neighborhood of 600 K lbs,, maybe even north of that,
including the ballast on the two tractors.

Must really be a LOT of art involved for the two tractor drivers to
coordinate their driving!

Greg

How do get a rating to drive something like that? It's not like there's