Reply: [ihc] My good fortune and new project

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Ken Dude wrote:

Ya'll remember when Tom H mentioned the 7.3 his company was auctioning? Well, it is mine. So, the project will be squeezing it into my Terra, finding a tranny/t-case to go with it, and getting all the bits and pieces working with my Dana 44s. (till they break). Now I get to make my Terra just how I want it (one piece front end...) I'm sure I will be relying on all you diesel experts over the next few years?
<snip>

How much will the 7.3, trans & transfer package weigh?

Since there is no rear distrib (like in a Rat motor installation), are you going to shift the engine rearward (leaving working room at the rear)?

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided