RE: [ihc] It's Getting Better All The Time...

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the note. I appreciate what you're saying. Frankly I thought the
same thing. That's why I had already bought the bearing sets in advance of
the work. But when I compared the "old" set to a new set, I couldn't see any
really perceptible differences. The bearings seemed captured securely, I
didn't see any flat spots or abnormal scoring. Other than that, I admit, I
probably don't know what to look for in a bearing set (other than ensuring
it says "Timken" somewhere on it! ;-)). Also, it would seem to me, that if
the bearings were in less than decent condition, I wouldn't have seen such a
dramatic improvement in the wandering. Note - I did the shocks (and test
drove) before the bearings, so I can't blame the wrong thing for any
improvements. I don't know... The rubber seal seemed fine as well, though as
mentioned last night, the paper one came out in 3 pieces or so. I'll see
about the passenger side later this afternoon!

Thanks for the comments. I DO appreciate it!

Cheers,

--Pete

   ||( )| | | | | |( )||  Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |  '77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\] More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/>#################<\] http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\] http://www.pferris.com/scout