Re: [ihc] Ford (IH) 7.3 Diesel Available

Tom,

Is there a mechanical injection pump?  Are there
places for connection to the injectors.  If so this
would be an earlier 7.3, ideal for use in some
project, no computers.

On a PowerStroke the injection system is all inside
the engine, can't see anything except the electrical
connections through those thick valve cover gaskets.
About a half dozen wires per side.  4 for the
injectors and 2 or 4 for the glow plugs, don't
remember how many.

The PowerStroke has a two stage mechanical fuel pump
(transfer pump) that sits down between the cylinder
heads in the V, not sure about the earlier 7.3.

The PowerStroke is all computerized but the previous
7.3 litre is mechanical injection, would be great in a
Scout.  But it's heavy.  I'd guess over a 1000 lbs,
the 345 is 870 lbs and this is bigger.

Steve