Re: [ihc] Tip for Scout 'oil burners'---

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 12:07
Subject: [ihc] Tip for Scout 'oil burners'---

> Swiped from another list, in re rebuilding a jap diesel ---
> >
> >the place to go is www.gwengineparts.com.au.  Japanese parts are as
> >common in Australia as ford parts are here.  There's a large
> >aftermarket too.  A complete rebuild kit is under AUS$600 for a 4
> >banger, and brand new heads with pre-cups are around AUD$800.
> >
> Greg

A lot of diesel guys are already using a place down there.  I think it runs
around $1200 USD for a full rebuild kit for an SD-33T from Nordeman [sic?]
diesel.  It's also 3 ring pistons which are theorized to be a more advanced
design so possibly stronger in addition to maybe more power because of less
drag.

Some guys are running them now.  I'm sure John Donnely will chime in.

Thanks for the update,
Ryan

---