RE: [ihc] A question...

## >> , but what do i know about cab extensions and that kind
## >> > of sheetmetal and glass work?
## >> >
## >> > --Mac
## >>
## >> Someone seems to have forgotten about the 150 gallon fuel
## >> tank sitting on
## >> top of the frame in back...
## >>
## >> -Ryan

nope, haven't forgotten the saddle tanks.  i was in fact taking them
directly into account.

with the way the sleeper extension is built onto the back of the cab, the
portion of it directly behind the seat-back below the bunk is storage with
externally accessible doors.  there are two side doors below the sleeper
"bunk" area, one on each side.  it would be a simple matter to extend the
sleeper portion all the way back over the tanks, and build it at the bottom
of the storage area to cut away over the tanks, sort of "step up" over them
directly behind the seat-back.  i gave that part a lot of thought, and i
even have some ideas about how i might want it done.  the storage area can
be fairly flexible in the way it's done, so there's lots of possibilities
there.  it's not much more than a customized box with doors built into the
cab under the bunk, anyway.

extending the cab into a sleeper in that fashion would have its
difficulties, though.  if i ever needed to take the saddle tanks off, i'd
have to unbolt the cab and lift it up to get them off.  or cut them away
from the frame.  might be able to slide them straight back by taking the
rear wheels (or maybe the whole axle) off.  not insurmountable, but
definitely inconvenient.

for anybody that hasn't seen what i'm talking about, i can post pictures up
for everybody to enjoy if they'd like to see it.  while i'm at it, i may try
my hand at some photoshopping, see if i can articulate what i'm thinking
about doing to my own truck, using pictures of *it* as my example.  i'm not
very good at that kind of stuff, so even if i give it a go, i may not show
anybody, especially if it turns out really horrid.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.