RE: [ihc] Hmmm...

Funny Tom:

In my family, it went the opposite way.

I am a fourth generation San Franciscan.  I was born in that great City but
only lived there until I was 3 years old (thank heavens!).  My parents, and
my father's other relatives in the City, joined the great urban exodus of
the 1950s and 1960s and fled to the suburbs.  Only, in our case we moved to
Contra Costa County ("the other side") while my two uncles and my
grandparents moved over to Marin County.  And, several members of my mom's
extensive (16 children!) family )(not from SF) ended up in Marin County as
well, specifically Novato and San Rafael.

But, as the next generation came of age, we were forced to move "further
out" due to housing inflation.  For myself, that meant out to east Contra
Costa County.  But, for all my cousins in Marin, that meant Petaluma,
Rhonert Park, Santa Rosa and even Sonoma.  I guess they became "Sonomized"
(not to be confused with sodomized!).

Yep, they gave up the hot tubs and peacock feathers for.................

.................well now wait a minute.  I was just up in beautiful Sonoma
where wineries and tourism are the economic engines and yuppism is
flourishing unchecked and my Uncle sold his 10 acres on the hill for more
than 7 figures.............

I guess that darn "nose in the air" stuff is just expanding.

I did see more than a few IH products running around up there though. ;-)

Tom H., '76 Traveler