RE: [ihc] RE: Parking lots? Yeah, right...

At 8:58 AM 9/14/04, Tom Harais wrote:

>work with local planners and am painfully aware of how the "parking
>requirement" regulations cause this.
>
>Someone (probably a government "planner") gets a law passed requiring a
>minimum number of parking spaces be provided for each square footage of
>retail or commercial construction.  It all sounds like a good compromise.
>The "government" has looked after the "good of the people".  Workers and
>customers will have somewhere to park.

My comment on this is that a VERY high percentage of those I knew who
flunked out of engineering school transferred to the 'urban planning'
program !!!

Can you grasp the concept of those who couldn't now trying to criticize and
direct the actions of those who could (and continue to do) ??? Nothing
quite like having a herd of bitter, egomaniacal nincompoops in positions of
power and pre-occupied with trying to get even with those they have been
envious of for years or decades !!!

One of the very largest cities in our nation does just FINE with absolutely
NO zoning or planning. Anyone care to guess which city this is ?? :-)

>For those of you that didn't understand the reference to "communism"
>earlier:  In a centrally controlled economy, the controllers would dictate
>what was important and demand that the producers make the product in a given
>quantity.

My take on the word 'communist' is that the spelling has now been revised
to, pick one, either 'duhmocarp' or 'academic' !

Greg