Re: [ihc] ignition coil condenser

Howard,

Disconnect the condenser and try to start the engine.
Mine won't even pop.  The capacitor is to provide a
path to ground for the primary circut surge when the
points open and the field around the coil collapses
generating the spark.

They use a capacitor because it will pass the surge
current which acts like AC but will not pass the DC
which is used to build the field in the coil.

Steve