[ihc] Life changes, Regrets and Farewell

Life is one of those things that run in stages that you can divide by
Interests and the dominate external forces that gain your focus and hold it.
For me, a shift in focus has occurred and I need to at this time
re-prioritize my values.

1.	My wife has been dealing with issues that have forced me to deal
with her medical and legal expenses that were not for seen just a few months
ago and they will not be resolved without difficulty in the near future.
Whether Christine chooses to continue to work with NW Binders as a club
officer is her decision and one that I am not influencing.

2.	Project Expedition, my 1973 cross-country Scout has finally been
delivered from Back Country Binders. The project is done, though not to the
original specifications of the rebuild and over four years behind schedule.
Though BCB was given a set dollar amount of over $15,000 to work with, in
the final week, 6 days to delivery I was informed that they ran over $517.
Two days later (4 days before delivery), another update was sent stating
that they are now $1423 over budget. The last updated spreadsheet that I had
prior to this was over 2 years ago so I had no idea we were over budget.
(This mail was scheduled to go out on Monday this week however delivery was
again delayed until this last Wednesday.)

Four years of broken promises, missed deadlines and misrepresentation has
left a bad taste in my mouth and created too great of point of contention
within my family. I find that his failure to honor commitments in rebuilding
the truck inexcusable. I find it unconscionable, that for four years parts
of my truck that I paid for have made it to the shows and been used for
advertising without any compensation, or consideration that we have gone out
of our way to help John make it to the shows when times were lean. My
dealings with John are between me and him and I ask that this not be an
issue for public debate.

3.	Finally, I have spent four years volunteering for NW Binders
Activities and have not had a truck to participate in club events. This was
by my own choice. However the current climate within the club is one where
any issues brought up that have the slightest point of friction in how
things could/should occur are greeted with an angered defensiveness of "How
dare one even bring this issue up".  When difficult choices and actions are
required from the club officers the preferred method is not to respond and
avoid the issues. I cannot continue to work voluntarily for Ostriches. It is
no longer fun!

At this time I need to focus on my family's health and my career. It is with
regret that I need to shelf my interest and a desire in IHC Scouts and do
what any man knows is the right thing. The regret that I have in this
decision is that the vast majority of the individuals that I have dealt with
and developed friendships with are of the highest caliber that I have not
experienced since my time in the military. Helpful, intelligent and just
plain outstanding examples of the best in all of us.

*	At this time I resign my position as Technical Officer in Northwest
Binders. The trucks that I have donated to the club may stay on my property
as long as needed until the club finds a new home for these and a location
for the rebuild. I will not be renewing my membership.
*	In the near future I will be selling my 1979 SSII with over $10,000
invested.
=	I will also be selling Project Expedition with over $20,000 invested
=	I ask that if Joe Dufresne is unable to transport his 800B in the
next week that the community at large come together and find a way to assist
him in getting this vehicle down to Oregon.
=	I will be selling my 1970 1200D Pickup.
=	I will be selling my collection of parts, shop manuals, parts
manuals and any other items that I will no longer need.
=	No sales will be made to Back Country Binders or their agents.

I will remain on the lists and boards until I post these items for sale.
Please do not respond to the list with this mail, if you would like to
discuss this with me I can be reached at dukkha@domain.elided

So now the fork in the road has come and I must take the other path. I hope
that these trails converge further up the mountain and in the future I can
devote some time with all of you and our common interests. For now, I will
focus on Christine and Cynthia and ensure that they have the love and
support that they need.

Robert A. Eggleston