Re: [ihc] Toasted Scout

On Aug 24, 2004, at 8:26 PM, Steven Stegmann wrote:

But there isn't any good reason why the fluid would
squirt out.  Unless the booster is pressurized.  Is
your Scout turbo charged?

Steve
Rehashing old news, the seal on the back of the check valve had popped off and brake fluid was coming out of there in squirts. Not high pressure squirts, more like spurts, I guess. I gasket gooed a quarter on the back of the valve and it stayed in place. It would not have stayed there without my letting the goo dry, if there had been any pressure to speak of. I think we can think of the fluid taking the short road out of the valve rather than going up the vacuum hose.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs