Re: [ihc] RE: Scout-erator

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 11:05
Subject: [ihc] RE: Scout-erator

> >From: "Ed Sohm" <idaemes@domain.elided>
> >Subject: RE: [ihc] Tcases
>
> >My question is this: It must be about a 3/4" shaft. Could this run a
> >generator head. I'm thinking the kind like you see on a 2 wheel cart
> >that hooks to a tractor and runs off the 540 shaft? Strength, speed,
> >all things considered?
>
> Ed, just for perspective....IH used a 15/16" tranny input shaft to handle
> the full rated power of a 152(and 196?). Given that, it seems likely that
> 3/4" shaft would more than handle your proposed application.
>
> Jim

I'd like to point out that most likely he'd be subjecting the PTO to an
underdrive, not an overdrive (at best it'd be direct).  Thus, the output at
the PTO could easily have more power at it than the input power from the 4
cyl engine.

Given that, I believe that he still needs to find out what the maximum power
requirement from the generator could be and compare that to the rated output
power of the PTO.

-Ryan

---