RE: [ihc] RE: Caligasification

## >> Hofs is absolutely right. Winter gas is worse than summer
## >> gas, but it all
## >> sucks in CA. Makes a carb need a rebuild annually without
## >> fail, even in a
## >> regularly driven vehicle. It'll be interesting to see if our
## >> new ethanol
## >> substitute for MTBE gives any different long term results, but I'm not
## >> holding my breath.

how well i recall this from when we still lived in California.  the gas
sucks.  period.  BUT...  do not count yourselves alone in your quest for who
can come up with the worst gasoline in the United States!  Texas is on the
team and pushing hard.  Summer fuel here in El Paso is uniformly awful, and
Winter fuel puts Summer fuel to shame in the nastiness department.  it seems
slightly better here on-post than off (we haven't bought fuel off-post in
more than a year), but it's still bad.  they put a lot of the same crap in
the fuel here as California does.

though, i will admit, i have not had to rebuild the carb or fuel injection
on either the Scout or TravelAll in the 2 years we've been here.  both of
'em still run pretty well, when i take the time to tune them.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.