[ihc] RE: ihc-digest V7 #579

I have the '67 Scout 800, with the 196, T-14 / Warner T-90 3 speed, and Dana
20 T/C. I have an opportunity to get a 4 speed that was in a '79 Scout II
behind either a 304, or 345 (unknown, but was a V-8, he says). The question
is: would this tranny work in my setup without massive modifications? Would
I need a new bell housing? Will the D20 bolt up? I'm assuming this is the
T-19, or T-19A (?), but I haven't seen it yet. (Were there other 4 speeds in
'79?) Pardon the ignorance... just wondering if I should follow up on this,
or let it go. I don't want a 4 speed so bad that I'll take on a complicated
project just now, but if it's *easy*... Thanks for any help, ~John A.