Re: [ihc] RE: MV in LIght Line

The engine size nomenclature had more to do with the general
classification of the engine families than the  actual displacement as
there was considerable overlap, just as you can get a 1/2 Ton pickup
speced heavier than a 3/4 Ton in some cases.

The MV-8 series came in 404 and 446 cubic inch sizes and was introduced
in 1974, lasting until the end of gas engine production in 1984.

The LV-8 series in 401, 461, and 549" sizes was introduced in 1956, 478"
was added in
1964, shortened VS- versions were added for the Fleetstar in 1965 and 537
and 605"
versions in 1975.  (I don't have dates, but I think the smaller sizes
went away by the mid-1970's)

The physical size of an LV could not be confused with an MV, which wasn't
that much larger than a SV.

Howard

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:31:03 -0600 "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
writes:

> If SV = small V8 (266, 304, 345, 392), and (I'm assuming) MV = medium
V8,