[ihc] Radiators and flex mounting

Binders,
In my off-road ScoutII I mounted the radiator with a
'flexible' mounting so that it would relieve stress on
the side hung tanks.  I used four 3" long 1/4-28 bolts
and large washers and mounted the heads from the
headlight side of the core support.  Then between the
rad and the core support, a large rubber washer at
each bolt.  Then on the back side (engine side)
another large rubber washer, then a large flat washer,
then a really heavy spring (albeit very short 1") then
another flat washer, then a nylock nut.  This lets the
radiator 'give' a tad when the core support flexes and
it hasn't leaked yet.

Just thought it might help someone out.  I always try
these little experiments on one truck and when they
work out, I need to install them on all of them.

I'm still quite pleased with my hood bumpers and latch
extensions that leave the hood popped about 3".  This
permits heat to escape, keeps the hood latched down
and allows me to get back in there should the cable
break.  Yeah, it looks like water can get under there
when it rains, but did you really think that a
normally closed Scout II hood kept water out!?

JoelB