Re: [ihc] High Amp Alternator

On Jul 21, 2004, at 1:43 PM, George B Humphrey wrote:

Trying to use the positive side of the coil is how we got into this
discussion. I have a ballast resistance wire going to the coil. The
voltage from the coil at start up is not enough to trigger the relay. It
is there to keep from burning out the points. Is it possible to get a
different relay that will trigger at a lower voltage?
George,

Yep, it all comes back to me, not enough voltage, test the starter, ...... Sorry I forgot.

Did you try another relay? The Bosch site that I was looking on says that their relay only takes 150 milliamps to activate and I get the implication from that that any reasonable voltage should be OK.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs