Re: [ihc] High Amp Alternator

	Currently, I have the trigger for the Projection tapped into the heater
circuit, with a fuse tap. The relay is powered directly from the battery.
I don't like this set up and am looking to change it. For my next plan of
action, I was going to add a small fuse panel connected to an Acc. tab on
the existing fuse box (thanks Ryan and Tom) and run a trigger wire from
that. The reason I haven't is that I'm not convinced that any circuit off
the fuse box will not drop out during cranking. This is where we left off
last time. Not knowing what circuit to use. Any help or suggestions are
appreciated.

	Tom,
		If you are still following this thread, what application or part # can
I use to find the correct 90 amp alternator for my 345? Best NAPA could
do was the 63 amp alt.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:41:06 -0700 John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
writes:

> On Jul 19, 2004, at 11:07 AM, George B Humphrey wrote:
>
> > Speaking of high amp starters, I finally tested the amperage draw
> of my
> > starter, as you recommended. Don't know if you remember but I was
> > having
> > trouble getting the fast idle solenoid on the Holley Projection to
> stay
> > out during cranking. Everything checked out okay. The amperage
> draw of
> > the starter was just a little over 200. Still don't know what's
> causing
> > the problem
>
> Thinking about it some more, George, I think your problem almost
> certainly that you are hooked into a run-only circuit.
>
> If you need for me to look anything up for you, just let me know.
>
> John
>
> John Hofstetter
> Ol' Saline
> www.goldrush.com/~hofs