[ihc] RE: Hollander-aise sauce

>Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:10:13 -0600
>From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] parts interchange books

>Does anyone have an opinion on the Hollander and/or Mitchell parts
>interchange manuals?

If you want one to cross IH stuff, forget it. My Hollander crosses some IH
stuff to other IH stuff, mostly nothing that isn't obvious to us or that we
haven't figured out already. IH to non-IH crosses are virtually
non-existent. The only ones that stick in mind are an early Scout 80 rear
axle shaft(1 side only) crossing to a Willys(car!) application, and some 2
speed rear axle stuff. The $5.00 I spent on mine at the swap meet was worth
it to me to ID the Eaton 15201 2 speed rear I have, beyond that it's pretty
much a paperweight.

Jim