[ihc] parts interchange books

Does anyone have an opinion on the Hollander and/or Mitchell parts
interchange manuals? I see them come up on Ebay, and am thinking of picking
one up for my target range of model years, but I've never had a chance to
actually look at one. There's none at my library... How good is the
coverage? Is one of the two better than the other? My understanding is that
with one of these books, I could look up an IH part number, like for an M/C
for instance, and then find all the similar units used by other
manufacturers. A cross reference of same parts with different numbers. Is
this correct? Thanks for any advice on this...   ~John A.