[ihc] Ford outers, D44?

Binders,
      Ummm, okay, I've heard about this over and over, and now I'm really
getting curious...
The talk is that one could take some year Ford outer knuckle from a Dana 44
front axle and swap
them for the stock IH Scout outers, and then have a high steer setup with a
higher mounted steering
arm and shorter radius steering arm and drag link connection.

Is this true?  Do the ford outers have two holes drilled in the steering
arm for both the drag link AND
the tie-rod placements?  Are the Ford outers drilled 8-hole for the IH
outers?  Most of the outer knuckles
I've seen are 6-hole drilled. If I can, can I bolt the IH rotors and
bearings to the ford outers directly without
swapping spindles?  If I have to change the bearings and use the ford
knuckle and spindle what are the
part numbers for the bearings?  Is there a way to use the Ford outer
knuckles, spindle, hub and rotor, and
possibly the brakes?

Anyone see where I'm going?  What do I need to swap, what's different?  I'd
love to hear from anyone that
has done this before, and is running them now.  Do you have to swap
ball-joint ends on the drag link and
tie-rod for the taper, depth or diameter?

Thanks,

JoelB
*fingers crossed for a Thursday nightly departure for RMIHR