[ihc] RE: Disko David

>Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:26:53 -0400
>From: David Bongo <dbongo@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Master Cylinder question

>I've got a TSM rear disc brake conversion, and I've had a few problems
>with the rear brakes locking up.

>Currently, it's a stock Scout II unit, with, I think, a
>proportioning valve.

You sure the residual pressure valve was removed from the m/c? It looks like
a li'l brass button, and sits in the outlet port of the m/c. A lot of
rebuilders don't bother replacing them any more, but it's a possibility.

>If it is the Master Cylinder, I was thinking of swapping it out for a
>dual disc M/C.  There is supposed to be a Corvette M/C that is a direct
>bolt-in replacement, so I'm asking this august group if they know what
>it is, and if it's a good move.

My brother in-law's SII has one of the equal reservoir 'Corvette' type
m/c's, seems to work fine and appears to have the stock plumbing to the prop
valve. Dunno a part #, sorry. For a Scout II, make sure it has a 1 1/8"
bore.

Jim