[ihc] RMIHR Pig Roast

It appears as though the pig roast is on for this year, and with only 10 days
to go most of it's ready to go.

We need potatoes. Any volunteers to bring 240 potatoes?

Phil Coonrod raised the pig. It's huge. The butcher in Salida will have to
quarter it for us so that it will fit in the roaster. Way cool.

I just found out about all this last night. It's not my baby anymore, but Pat
is not on digest, binderbulletin has been down for days, and this is the only
way I have to put out the word. The RMIHR committee decided to continue the
tradition, but the last minute is now creeping up on us.

I'm leaving 1 week from today, as early as we can manage on the 14th. I expect
to be in Salida by Thursday night, barring major catastrophic failures of
whatever vehicle I drive. Helena and I will be camping at the fairgrounds,
this time in a small tent. No children this time.

On Friday, Pat is doing a roast for Bill Knoth, who owns the old truck that
was inside last year. A '37 or some such thing. We will be back in Salida on
Friday night at about 10 pm or so.

Anybody interested in providing some potatoes to toss in the oven or to wrap
and toss in the roaster, please let me know ASAP. Three or 4 volunteers would
spread the load out pretty well.

-Allan E