[ihc] Wrong name, but right message

On Jul 3, 2004, at 11:46 AM, John Hofstetter wrote:

On Jul 3, 2004, at 11:26 AM, <spamaddy@domain.elided> wrote:

spamaddy's right of course(who is that masked person?): fuel, temp and oil
pressure.

Jim
My name is Steve Jackson, I used to post here under a different email
address, but I don't actually "know" any of you guys (except through your
life saving advice in this forum). Anyway, I just moved from Dallas to
Utah. Can someone tell me about RMHIR, XYZ, and "the nationals". I read
y'all posting about this stuff all the time, but never paid attention since
it seemed to be located in the Northwest. Now I'm in the Northwest and
would like to meet some fellow binders!
Jim,

I hate to have to tell you this, but Utah isn't considered part of the Nortthwest. However, it gives you great access to RMIHR.

And, in my opinion, RMIHR is where the binder guys and gals are the friendliest, the food is the best, and it's so easy to have a great time, that if you didn't have a great time, it's probably your own fault.

If the elevation weren't so great, and fuel prices so high, we'd be back in Salida for sure. Wonderful town among the other RMIHR attributes.

So, Northwest is in Brooks, Oregon and is the weekend of July 9,10, 11. The Oregon binders have taken the show on for a year, and the program looks great and the site at Western Antique Powerlands should be wonderful. I really like it when the gatherings are where other things are going on, for instance the Western Regionals are held in conjunction with a huge antique tractor show.

RMIHR is in Salida the weekend of July 16,17, and 18, at the fair grounds in Salida. RV camping available on grounds and some guys tent camp there.

I hope for your sake that you can make either or both of these.

The Nationals are in Springfield, Ohio and you are probably farther from there now, than when you were in Texas. They are in the Fall, and I don't have the dates at hand.
I should have said, Steve, not Jim. Sorry about that.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs