[ihc] Glessie whine/hum/buzz

So there is this sort of whine,  actually more of a hum or vibration when I
get the ol gal up to about 30-40 mph steady.  It sounds as if it coming
from the front end or perhaps the drive train under the floorboards.  You
can actually feel the vibration in the floorboards.   It is intermittent,
kind of comes on for a second or two, goes away for ten, comes back on maybe
for 5 seconds, off and on, off and on.  Does not seem affected by turning.
My best guess is its something in the drivetrain,  maybe the transfer case?
This is in 2H btw.

BTW (Jim) what the heck is that 1 square steel member that is bolted from
the back of the clutch housing to the transfer case?  Some sort of
stiffener?  Does not look stock to my highly trained eye ; <).

Bill Fowler
1969 Travelall 1100 D 4x4 Glessie