RE: [ihc] White in or out

Steve, I'm not sure if you're asking me or John H., but my response is... I
don't know how old you are! ;) I do know that you're right about the blue
stuff - it's there to protect the white, and will wash off. I remember tire
shops doing it years ago, but not for the last several sets I've bought,
usually at discount outlets. Maybe it's different at the *better* tire
stores, or perhaps you are correct, and laziness or bean counting has set
in. I never had any trouble washing it off of those I had mounted with the
white out, but on those where it was inside, I just left it alone. I never
tried the baked on treatment that Ryan mentions. My original question about
Ryan's paint wasn't about covering up the blue or white, anyway. I was just
thinking about ways to restore the shiny black of the sidewalls. I guess
what I really think is that change is the only constant, and no matter how
hard I try to prevent it, things will wear out, and never be new again
(remember, I just had a birthday...)  ~John A.