Re: [ihc] GRT Rats was IH funny car

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Ted Borck wrote:

> Nothing like the wail of a Rat motor at 5,500 - 6,000 rpm.

We had the opportunity to run Gryphin in the sand drags over Memorial Day
Weekend.

When you shift the big-block Scout at around 5-6k you can barely tell
you've shifted - the engine doesn't pull down, the Scout doesn't just
lurch forward - it's a smooth transition and you're just going FASTER. :D

Very fun, and every different from the neck snapping my 304 likes to do
when you shift.. but I'm not doing 5s 100-yard trips.

-Tom