Reply: [ihc] Auction in PA

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Wynne John M NPRI wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> <Bio Stuff Starts> My name is John Wynne, and I've been off of the list
> for several years.  I still own a 76 Scout Terra, and I have recently
> returned from Kuwait and other lovely locations. <Ok, the Bio stuff is
> over>

Welcome back.

> I just now re-subscribed to the digest list after seeing what I believe
> may be of interest to the Scout community.  This coming Saturday, 29
> May, there is going to be an auction which lists numerous tractors and
> other large equipment, but it also lists 13 Scouts and related items.
> The link follows, and I plan to go for some tractor cylinders, but I'm
> always in need of Scout parts.  Hopefully this hasn't been on the list
> already or is violating any rules.

John:

As you may remember, we don't have a lot of rules.  And no-one is in
charge.  And while we deal in [ihc] heavy metal, we're (apparently) not as
far up the periodic table as yourself.

As you may well know, last week (or so), several of us were involved in a
thread assisting a list member with his 'Burb brake problems.

There is currently a thread in which members are relating how their
children interact with the various ihc garage projects.

All the list members who could *only* discuss ihc projects and nothing
else - went somewhere else.

My favorite was the guy who got *real* upset with the variable pi thread.

But there are active members of this list who can quote (off the top of
their head) "ihc gear-head chapter and verse" with the best members of the
other ihc specific lists.

So if you have an IHC problem, you've come to the right place for an
answer from an IHC community.

As for myself, I'm taking the best parts of 3 Scout IIs, and assembling my
next Scout II.

And I'm looking for a good narrow frame cub cadet for sale in the SE US.

> http://www.sentinelnow.com/classifieds/Auctioneers/Deibler-Shoop/Deibler-
> Grosser%205-29.html

> Hope to see some of you there!

The auction is definitely an adult IHCoholic (good word Dan) Disney World
collection of IHC equipment and other interesting machinery.

As much as I'd like to, since I live in Miami, FL, I won't be able to
attend.

--
Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided