Re: [ihc] Super Excited Diesel Owner!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 13:36
Subject: [ihc] Super Excited Diesel Owner!

> Well, as most of you know from my repeated postings, I have been trying to
get
> my diesel running on and off for about six months now (got it in November
and
> have been slowly at it since).  Well, today I got it fired up for the
first
> time, and it didn't smoke much at all, and sounded DARN good for a
diesel!!!

Congrats!  Glad to hear you got it running!   Cool isn't it?    I'm looking
for a diesel now myself, gas prices stink!   Former digester has a line on
an n/a scout II in MA that might work... hasn't run in a long time either
though.  Details are sketchy at the moment.... it's an '80 former turbo
diesel with an (early?) '76 N/A motor transferred into it, and also
apparently has at least one fender from the '76.   The engine is also
yellow...

I don't think you should try to sell your's anymore, but if you see anything
in the area let me know (15 miles is a lot easier distance to move than a
few hundred!)

> The timing could NOT be better either-just took a job about 70 miles from
> home, and have been driving a couple of Chevy V8 vehicles over there about
> four days a week-it is expensive!!!  I was looking at small import things,
but
> don't want one, and if I can get this running, can sell of my other
goodies
> and use this-will be moving closer to the job soon anyway, so not too
worried
> about it!

70 miles and moving closer?!   I hope you don't move before I'm down there
again!  looks like another month from now before I'm down again :(

> Thanks to all here for all of your help and suggestions-will be back to
> picking brains on brake issues soon!!!
>
> Michael

My guess on the brakes is the m/c went out.  That or a leak somewhere could
be it too (single reservior m/c right?)  Convert to a dual reservior m/c, a
lot safer...

Thanks,
Ryan

---