[ihc] Re: 6 lug to 8 lug

>At some point there was aftermarket support for the 6
>lug pattern. I
>almost
>bought a Travelall specifically to get a set of
>aftermarket 16.5"
>'camper'
>style wheels in 6 lug. Just couldn't force myself to
the >880 corridor
>through Jokeland again to do it!

>Jim

That would have been those of our friend previously of
Alameda, now swimming in diesel fuel in Georgia?  I
wanted those axles sooo bad, but being an urban guy
had nothing to do with the rest of the truck.  IIRC
they were marked Budd and were the steel spoker style.
 Wonder where they are now?  He did give me the open
diff after my powrlok broke, and I got to reclaim my
visegrips from the window crank thanks to his gift of
handles.  Thanks again Mike.
Dennis Millward
63 C1200
http://mail.yahoo.com