From: John Hofstetter
Date: 5/18/2004 1:17:35 PM
To: Dan Nees
Cc: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Simply Shocking... Speaking of shocking

Dan,

Actually, I thought that the red things were isolators, but it is hard
to tell looking at the outside of them whether the two threaded ends
connect inside, or not.

I'll use those, and I'll certainly use the No-Ox.

I don't know if it'll ever come up, but one of those isolators would
make an electrical connection terminal out of any 1/4  20 bolt end that
is showing. Pretty neat.

Looking forward to your photo of how you used them.

Thank you,

John

On May 17, 2004, at 7:03 PM, Dan Nees wrote:

> John,
>     Yes, the little can is No-Ox, your own supply! Just a little dab
> will do ya! All you need to do is coat the wires with a skim coat. I
> just stick the ends into the can and pull it back out. If you warm the
> can up a bit it turns the No-Ox into a liquid that really coats
> nicely.
>    The little red things are Isolation Cherry's. They are threaded for
> 1/4-20 bolts. You bolt one side to something, say the firewall,
> through the vent cowl above and to the right of the brake booster, and
> on the other side you attach a 1/4-20 stud about an inch long. To this
> you run a wire from your battery and using a ring terminal, attach it
> to the stud. You now have a constant hot termination point. Then,
> after attaching all the constant hot loads you need run a 1/4-20 nut
> down it, then attach another cherry on top of it. To this run another
> stud. I would then run a switched feed from a relay to this point.
> This will give you a switched termination point! Maybe I'll take a
> picture of my set-up tomorrow and e-mail it to you.
>    I was emptying out my garage and since I had quite a few of these
> and the tins of No-Ox I thought you would love to have some.
>
> Dan Nees
> cookiedan@domain.elided

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]