Re: [ihc] The truck that shouldn'a been bought. Or, B130 parts, anyone?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Raistrick" <keen@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 19:09
Subject: [ihc] The truck that shouldn'a been bought. Or, B130 parts, anyone?

<snip>

>  Or go back to duals.  This means finding 7 good tubeless or split ring
> dual rims.  I'll need to dual the Dodge bed, or remove the bed and replace
> with a flatbed or custom. Increases the price of tires a fair amount..I
> don't have the price in front of me, but I recall around $750 for 5 (split
> ring), so add another $300 to that.  Plus say $500 on the /cheap/ side to
> get 7 good duals here.  $1500 or so for new tubeless (lowers the tire
> costs, though...probably $90 a tire)
>  $800-$1680

<snip>

A lot of older duallys (and maybe some current ones?) didn't come with a
spare tire.  The idea is you take off one of the outer duals on the back and
use it up front if one of the front tires goes flat on you.

You might be able to fit duals under the dodge bed, Mac's B122 is a non
dually bed and he runs duals on the bac.   (Mac, this is me forcing you to
feel obligated to chime in here).

Don't let yourself get too frustrated!  When you get it finished it'll all
seem worth it.

-Ryan

---