From: Steven Stegmann [mailto:steve.stegmann@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:48 AM
To: Seay Capt Matthew R; 'ihc-digest@domain.elided'
Subject: Re: [ihc] header gaskets

Hmmmm...  I have Stan's headers and my gaskets are a
thick white substance and I've never had a problem.

Have you used a straight edge to see if the manifold
is reasonably straight and the head sealing surface is
staright?

I put never sieze on the bolts which lets me torque
them better.  Be careful not to over torque, this
could cause what you describe.

Steve