[ihc] Re: Lifting Rocky

There are still places that will re-arch springs. For what you want they'd
usually add a leaf or 2 in the process. Problem is, with that much arch the
eye to eye spacing gets pretty short. Assuming the block action is for the
rear, you talking about blocking the springs off the axle(8" is getting to
be a lot of block) or blocking the overloads off the main pack?

<< I was talking about blocking the overload up off the springs. I didn't want to use anything more than a factory block in the back. Remember this is a 2WD to 4WD conversion right now too. It does not have any blocks at all right now. I'll have a pair of 3/4 ton blocks for the back. Will they work on the rear of this one ton?>>

GM '73 - '87 lift springs can be made to work with some fiddling, the fronts
are the correct length for the IH 2WD shackle location. The 52" rears match
the length of the stock IH springs, more or less. Actual lift will vary from
what's advertised for the GM app's due to differing spring mounts(mostly)
and weights. I'd weigh the truck front and rear, then call some spring
companies(Skyjacker, Superlift prolly for the tall stuff). With free arch
dimensions and spring rates, you can guesstimate where the truck will end up
height-wise compared with the springs that are currently on it.

<< OK,  will the use of the chevy springs in front cause the pinion to be at the wrong angle....like what happens when the 2WD IH springs are left alone and used on a drive axle? If so, is there any way to overcome this? I have read previously to subtract 2" from the advertised lift if used on IH's. I guess if I wnt 8" I'll neeed 10" springs>>>

Thanks!!

Jim