Re: [ihc] Spring interchange on a 1 ton

At 7:24 PM 5/9/04, Ryan Moore wrote:
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>
>To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
>Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 19:05
>Subject: [ihc] Spring interchange on a 1 ton

You don't really need a lift to run 38.5" tires with a proper (preferably
'68 or earlier, they are stouter) set of 1300 4x4 springs. What you want to
be looking for is a set of 1500 front fenders--they had larger wheel
cut-outs. The heavier spec 1500's ran 8.25 x 20 tires--which are about 38"
tall !!

Greg