From: Ryan Moore
Date: 5/9/2004 11:29:52 AM
To: Dan Nees; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Electrical....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Nees" <cookiedan@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <baradium@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 08:49

> Ryan,
>    A wildly swinging amp gauge means your alt is going south. The engine
> surges and drops off with the swings because of a drop in voltage across
the
> system. I've had this happen numerous times, including once driving to
> Charlotte. Had to stop in Charlottesville, VA at 7AM and buy a new Alt
from
> the local parts store.
>
> Dan Nees
> cookiedan@domain.elided

I guess I can get it tested.  The alt was rebuilt last year though, not a
parts store reman, I had the original alt rebuilt by a reputable shop.
However, these aren't the same symptoms I had when it went out the first
time either.  It's not always swinging, just intermittantly, otherwise it
acts completely normal.   I really hope it's not the alternator...

-Ryan

---