[no subject]

>From: Ryan Moore
>Date: 5/8/2004 9:37:45 PM
>To: ihc-digest
>Subject: [ihc] Electrical....
>
>When driving, the ametter starts to swing fairly wildly (between large
>discharge and large charge) and at the same time the engine follows
>along
>with a period of small surges and drops in power.

Mine did this once and after a lot of testing I found the wiring harness
that runs along the passenger side frame to the back was the problem. The
harness goes under the front body mount and as the body mount rusts,
eventually the body sits on the cables. Mine were crushed so bad I had to
cut, splice and re-route the whole harness.

Bill Mounteer
Calgary, Alberta
'78 Scout