RE: [ihc] 2WD Front Springs on 4WD C-Series

Isaac, I asked about something similar back in November, but winter, and a
few other things have kept me from doing it yet. The plan (as suggested
mostly by Tom M.) is to drill or grind out the pins, and move the hanger
back to the rear position and bolt it in. Then get a 4" Chevy lift kit (for
years 73 to 87), and bolt that up for an approximate 2" of lift. I don't see
why you couldn't use the springs from a 2WD 1200C; they would likely fit
better than the kit, which is apparently "off" by a quarter inch or so.
Don't know about lift... The 4" kit = 2" lift is Tom's math, and like I
said, I haven't done it yet. Back when I was asking, no one mentioned any
pitfalls that I can remember, at least not with respect to such a slight
increase in height. Perhaps someone else will chime in... Good luck with it.
~John A.

---