[ihc] Another Diesel Starter Question

Sorry-I don't think I have asked this here yet, though I have asked it on the
diesel forum of BB:

My set-up is a non-turbo diesel with an auto-a very rare set-up, but I have
seen a few others like it in my day.

I have NO spacer for my starter, but there was NOT one when I took it off that
I recall.  I don't believe there was one on the starter itself, and I don't
see one on my block nor on the ground where it may have fallen out of the
block.

Does anyone have this same style set-up and can they look and see if there is
a spacer.  It will only apply if it is a diesel, non-turbo with an auto, I
have been told, and like I say, most non-turbo diesels had manual trannies, so
there may not be many of these on here.  But if anyone has one of these,
please look and see if they can find a starter spacer, as this could cause a
problem.

The same rules do not apply as with the gas engines, as this is the Nissan
diesel and hitachi or some kind of starter, but I thought it was worth
checking.

Thanks!

Michael