Re: [ihc] speedos, fuel leaks

DR> I fixed the speedo.  It had the needle pegged over near the last digit in
DR> the odometer.
DR> Anyway.  Drawing on a faint memory, I'd heard that some speedos (not VDO
DR> units..) would fail with the needle stuck if the cars they were in were
DR> driven fast enough to get the needle up that far...and it was just a
DR> matter of the needle getting stuck.

DR> So I tapped on the back of the speedo with the handle of my screwdriver.
DR> Needle fell back to zero.

DR> Put it back together, and took it for a test drive.  By the uncalibrated
DR> seat of my pants, it seems about right.

Alright!  I hope that is what is wrong with mine.  I think there is a
good chance of it because of the same "symptoms" but we'll see.  Also,
your description of a possible cause seems very plausible, especially
on mine where the speedo cable is about 8-10 feet long.  It's driven
off the transfer which is mounted aft pretty far.  Thanks for the tip.

Ken