Re: [ihc] Flattening valve covers?

John,

Thanks!

That was a frustrating day, until I finally saw what was happening.  I doubt I would have figured it out if the engine had been in the Scout at the time.  I bent over to pick up something and happened to look at the gasket by the dizzy as my head was level with it and I could see that the silione had pulled loose, gggrrrrrrrr.  I'm just glad I found it when I did.  I don't know how they ever sealed those at the factory because the original gasket appeared to be constant thickness.

Take care,

Steve

John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided> wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 07:34 AM, Steven Stegmann wrote:

> You now have two wierd looking gaskets, one front and one rear. It is
> a ticklish job to get them to stay in place till the cover is
> tightened but if you get the thickness skived evenly they will work.
>
> Steve

Wow, that is some procedure. Thanks for laying it out for us. Well done.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs