Re: Reply: [ihc] Welders

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, John Hofstetter wrote:

> long enough to see if the mask is really working. Interesting too, that
> these masks (at least my mask) by design, will not darken when looking
> toward the sun, so you can't test a mask this way. I called the factory
> rep to get this information.

They will darken if you use a camera flash, though.  At least mine will...
Set the flash off at a 90degree angle to the helmet, just in case it
doesn't darken, so you don't get the flash full-force...:)

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html