[ihc] head gasket advice?

I'm going to tear my IH 345 apart, and since I've never done anything like
this before I thought I'd seek some wisdom from the group.  I've read
through the shop manual and have a pretty good idea what to do on
disassembly and reassembly, but is there anything I should watch out for in
the process?  Any "gotchas" or tips from the veterans?  Any lessons a
first-timer should know?  I usually learn the right way by doing it wrong
the first time, but I don't have that luxury this time.

Where's the best place (or brand) to get a head gasket?  Can I just buy the
one Napa sells?  Should I buy a new gasket from a light line distributor or
perhaps somewhere else?  I know there's a concern about the thickness of the
head gasket, and I'd like to avoid any milling of the heads if possible.