Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 10:32:14 -0700
From: John Fleck <john@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Opps I made a mistake..Need 2 piece axles

Well working 15 hour days at times here is getting me tired since my help
got recalled by the Navy. That and having 34 Internationals on site to sell
or part out confuses me at times, and the ADD doesnt make it easier either.

When typing the last call out for axles I knew it was a 1970 so I assumed
it was a flanged axle. but its 2 piece rear Dana 44 in a 1970 Postal Scout.
IH did everything it could to make the Postal rigs as cheap as piossible
and that included a Dana 44 rear with 2 piece axles and 5 on 4.5" bolt
pattern. David Bongos Scout 800 postal mods call for a Scout 2 2wd front
axle with disks up front and that means 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern so we want
the rear to match for rotation purposes.

Does anyone have a set of rear 2 piece Dana 44 axle shafts that are from a
Scout 80/800 that are 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (standard)?? If so please
contact me. Thanks

We are trying to return one more postal Scout into a route carrier again.
Thanks for your help

John