Re: [ihc] RE: Plugging Rob

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
To: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 10:33
Subject: Re: [ihc] RE: Plugging Rob

> At 8:02 AM 4/22/04, Jim Grammer wrote:
> >Hi Rob -
> >
> >I take it the book was an Autolite application guide? Where IH published
> >spark plug info it was invariably Champion IIRC. The late '70's light
truck
> >operators manuals called out J10YC's, which is an obsolete # AFAIK.
Champion
> >guides steer you to a J12YC, which according to the Champion heat range
> >chart I have is the projected nose equivalent of the J6C. That prolly
makes
> >Greg's recommended J8C something like a J14YC in projected nose(not on my
> >chart, Greg?).
>
> I've never noticed that step in heats between the regular gap and extended
> gap champions. Always appeared to me that J8 was the same heat as a J8Y !!
>
> The old time Champion recommended plug for an SV in a Loadstar was J6.
>
> YMMV
>
> Greg

The CTS-2300 (to 1975 all scout, light and medium trucks) specs RJ-10Y for a
scout with the 345 and a J-10Y *or* RJ-10Y for 100,200 series pickups (all
vehicles, this only applies to 74-75 as it is for the gold box ign.  I don't
have time right now to see what it calls for for the points systems in
light, medium and heavier trucks.

I do also seem to remember that my 78-80 Scout manual also lists plugs for
loadstar applications in the ign system.

-Ryan

---