Re: [ihc] Re. Short Searching

At 05:01 PM 4/20/2004, Ol' Saline wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2004, at 04:13 PM, Bob Blair wrote:

If the fixes suggested so far don't find your short, try the unfused
circuits too, like the alternator.
Good Luck!
Yep, if it's a big drain, it could well be the alternator.

Good point, Bob.

John

The alt may be a light draw. I had a bad alt that would only dimly
light a 197 (dash) bulb. It did not register on my regular test light.

I learned to use the LED test light when looking for shorts, but
the incandescent test light when looking for power.
It's very easy to power the LED, harder to light the bulb.

I guess I should learn to use the multi-meter.
Bob