Re: [ihc] Pete's mods

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 10:33
Subject: [ihc] Pete's mods

<snip>
> The SII Triangle springs are a proprietary Light Line design, available
from
> SSS etc.. The actual spring rates are also proprietary AFAIK. At one point
> or another I've had actual spring rates on the other aftermarket springs,
> and from low to high they rank Skyjacker, Superlift/Trailmaster(very
> close)and Rancho. From Triangle owner reports(and Tom M's polling), I
> believe the Triangles are comparable to the Superlift/Trailmaster. John G
@
> SSS may be able to shed some light on this as long as you're not pressing
> him for the actual Triangle #'s ;)
>
> Jim

Here I thought Triangle springs were proprietary of the Triangle Spring
Company... ok, just picking on you, I know what you mean.

I find it hard to believe that the Rancho could be any stiffer.  Triangles
have 7 leafs in the back and 6 in the front.  My triangles have gotten a bit
less stiff as they've broken in (btw, I doubt they actually maintained 4" of
lift though).  I think the triangles end up being around a 2" true lift
spring if you already had the hd suspension, 4" over a "regular" stock
scout.  I already had the HD springs so it didn't do a whole lot of good for
my height.  Do I still love them? Yes.  They are great springs and I'm glad
to have them.  I really do like the spring rate too (especially with the
amount of stuff I keep in the back of the scout!  Hmm, maybe that's why it
is a little lower!).  BTW, mine doesn't sag in the back either even with the
steel hard top and at least a few hundred pounds worth of gear in the back.

Thanks,
Ryan

---